View Other Items in this Archive | View All Archives | Printable Version

Suspect’s Bail Set at $1 Million After Armed Standoff Inside the Snohomish County Courthouse 


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:  December 13, 2022


CONTACT: Courtney O’Keefe, Director of Communications, Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office
 Courtney.O’, 425-388-3865, Media line: 425-249-6263


EVERETT, Wash. – Around 12:30 p.m. Monday, a 32-year-old Woodinville man entered the Snohomish County Courthouse armed with multiple firearms. The suspect entered into the lobby and was immediately confronted by law enforcement Marshals prior to the security checkpoint. The Marshals ordered the suspect to drop his weapons. The suspect placed two rifles on the ground but refused to disarm himself of additional firearms on his person. The Marshals contained the suspect in the lobby and placed the Courthouse in a lockdown.   


More than 80 police units responded to the courthouse, including the Sheriff’s Office, Everett Police Department, Washington State Patrol, Region 1 SWAT and the FBI. SWAT negotiators arrived on scene and began communicating with the suspect in an effort to get him to surrender. Other municipal agencies throughout south Snohomish County covered priority patrol calls while deputies were on scene.


The Snohomish County Campus remained in lockdown for three hours. At approximately 3:30 p.m., negotiations with the suspect were successful and he surrendered without incident. The 32-year-old Woodinville man was arrested and booked into the Snohomish County Jail. 


The suspect was booked for intimidating a judge, unlawful possession of a firearm, resisting arrest, carrying a concealed pistol without a permit, disorderly conduct and entering where weapons are prohibited. 


During the investigation, Major Crimes Unit detectives recovered two rifles, four handguns, over 300 rounds of ammunition, a ballistic armor vest, multiple ballistic armor inserts, six knives, a hatchet and brass knuckles from the Courthouse lobby.  


The 32-year-old suspect had his initial court appearance at 1 p.m. today and his bail was set at $1 million.