Hal Gausman Brielle Dodge
Fair Manager Marketing Specialist
Evergreen State Fair Announces 2017 Fair Theme and Calls for 2018 Theme Ideas
Be a part of the planning and submit your 2018 Fair Theme ideas today.
Monroe, Wash., Jan. 5, 2017 – The Evergreen State Fair, Snohomish County’s largest event, is held in the 12 days leading up to Labor Day. It’s time to mark your calendars for the 2017 fair, August 24 – September 4, so you can join in the celebration themed “Harvest the Memories.”
The fair theme is a tradition almost as old as the fair itself, and the theme is used throughout the fair. Exhibitors, vendors and participants are encouraged to use the fair theme in their entries and displays.
With the 2017 Evergreen State Fair still more than seven months away, the staff at the Evergreen State Fair are already planning for the 2018 Evergreen State Fair. Here’s a look at a few of the themes used in past years:
- 2017 - Harvest the Memories
- 2016 - Fun for the Whole Herd
- 2015 - Picture the Fun
- 2014 - Experience Animal Magnetism
- 2013 - For the Kid in All of Us
If you or someone you know has a creative theme idea for the 110th anniversary of the Evergreen State Fair, you are invited to submit your idea online at EvergreenFair.org or email your suggestion to EvergreenFair@gmail.com by January 26, 2017. Please include the following information:
- Annual Fair Theme idea tagline
- Describe how this idea relates to the fair
- Describe how this fair theme could be used
- Possible color suggestions
- Please attach a sketch or picture that signifies your theme idea (optional)
- Your name and contact information.
About Snohomish County Parks and Recreation / Evergreen State Fairgrounds
Located in Monroe, Washington Since 1949, the 193-acre Evergreen State Fairgrounds is home to the Evergreen State Fair which attract hundreds of thousands of visitors each year. The Fairgrounds includes several permanent facilities which are used year-round for Northwest horse shows, trade shows, swap meets, auto races and more. The Gary D. Weikel Events Center (a 36,000 square foot multi-purpose building); the Evergreen Speedway with its paved oval track, is the only NASCAR venue in Washington and has a 7,000-seat covered grandstand; a clear-span sporting arena that can seat 4,000, two RV areas with dump stations, and a variety of other permanent exhibition facilities.
For more information on the fairgrounds, fair and to see the entire photo gallery please visit www.EvergreenFair.org
Mission and Values of the Evergreen State Fairgrounds
The mission of the Evergreen State Fairgrounds, as a multi-purpose event facility, is to enrich the area’s quality of life by providing educational, entertainment, recreational, agricultural, commercial and social activities for the benefit of the residents and businesses of Snohomish County and surrounding communities.
Integral to our mission, the Evergreen State Fairgrounds is committed to:
- Providing a first-class venue for community celebrations and events
- Showcasing and promoting the area’s agriculture, commerce, technology and culture
- Supporting the visitor and tourism industry
- Offering a safe, clean and accessible environment for everyone
- Providing outstanding customer service
- Operating in a fiscally-responsible manner