Contact: Melinda Bocci
Human Services Specialist II
20th Annual Snohomish County Transition Resource Fair
EVERETT, Wash., March 8, 2017—The Snohomish County Department of Human Resources today announced that the 20th Annual Transition Resource Fair will be held on March 28, 2017 at Cascade High School in Everett from 4:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The Snohomish County Transition Resource Fair is held each year as an opportunity for young adults and families to become educated on resources which will enable each individual to pursue career goals and become an active participant in their community. This is a free, community event that targets individuals with disabilities (age 12 and older), their families, teachers and other interested community members.
Over 60 agencies will provide information on employment, advocacy, assistive technology, affordable housing, transportation options, higher education, guardianship, Social Security, leadership opportunities, wills and trusts, recreational opportunities, counseling, canine companions, representative payees, mental health, and more. The resource tables will be available from 4:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Free workshops will run from 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. You do not need to preregister.
- 3:30-4:15 – Snohomish County DD Advisory Board Monthly Meeting
- 4:30-5:15 – Wills, Trusts and Future Planning
- 4:30-5:15 – School to Work
- 4:30-5:15 – Preparing for Transition
- 5:30-6:15 – Employment Support from DVR and DSB
- 5:30-6:15 – Building Your Resume Through Work Experiences
- 5:30-6:15 – Starting at Age 16: Transition Plans and IEPs
- 6:45-7:35 – DDA and Snohomish County DD
- 6:45-7:35 – Housing Options Panel
- 6:45-7:35 – Introduction to Assistive Technology (AT)
- 7:40-8:30 – Legal Decisions at Age 18
- 7:40-8:30 – Overview of Social Security
This event is sponsored by the Snohomish County Transition Network and Everett Public Schools. For more information, a list of agencies attending, workshop descriptions and a map go to http://www.snohomishcountywa.gov/DD. This information will be updated weekly. If you have any questions, please contact Melinda Bocci of Snohomish County Developmental Disabilities at DDInfo@snoco.org or by calling 425-388-7259.
Location: Cascade High School Cafeteria, 801 E. Casino Road, Everett, WA 98203
Time: 4:00pm to 8:30pm (monthly Snohomish County DD Advisory Meeting starts at 3:30pm)
Snohomish County Developmental Disabilities fosters inclusive communities that support people with developmental disabilities to fully participate and contribute to all aspects of community life. The Snohomish County Human Services Department helps all persons meet their basic needs and develop their potential by providing timely, effective human services and building community.