Shannon Hays, Communications
Snohomish County Parks, Recreation & Tourism
Snohomish County Parks Advisory Board Opening for District #2
EVERETT, Wash., July 18, 2019 – The Snohomish County Parks Advisory Board assists the Director of Snohomish County Parks, Recreation and Tourism in reviewing and recommending policies related to Parks facilities and operations. Applications are now being accepted for the open Council District #2 seat.
For any applicant living in Snohomish County Council District #2 (covering the cities of Everett and Mukilteo as well as areas of unincorporated Snohomish County)
- Opening Date: Immediate
- Closing Date: Open Continuous
- Type of Board: Regular
- Length of Term: Four years
- Maximum Consecutive Terms Allowed: Three terms
How to Apply:
- Provide a background cover letter and completed application form:
- Community experience
- Working with or membership in one or more community-based non-profit groups
- Experience with a public agency operating public parks
- Participation in Snohomish County Parks including the Evergreen State Fairgrounds
- History of volunteerism
- Experience in marketing and promotion of parks
- Extra skills that can be applied to assisting parks
The Snohomish County Parks Advisory Board is composed of 11 members. Five members represent and are appointed from each of the county council districts and must reside in those districts. Six members serve at-large and may reside anywhere in the county. Board members also participate at parks events and assist in the promotion of parks facilities, events and programs.
For more information contact Snohomish County Parks, Recreation and Tourism Division Manager, Russ Bosanko at Russ.Bosanko@snoco.org or 425-388-6602.