Contact:April Fugate Linda VizmanosApril.Fugate@snoco.org Linda.Vizmanos@snoco.org425-262-2957 425-388-7317
Providing eligible seniors with fresh fruits and vegetables from local farmers markets
The Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program increases our community’s intake of fruits and vegetables; expands the use of local farmers markets, farm stores, and community supported agriculture programs; and increases sales of Washington grown fruits, vegetables, and herbs.
Eligible low-income seniors receive $40 worth of checks to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables at authorized farmers markets or farm stands.
Who Is Eligible?
• Age 60+ for non-Native Americans
• Age 55+ for Native Americans
• Low income
o Up to $1,967/ month for 1 person
o Up to $2,658/month for 2 people
o For larger households, add $691 per person
Funds are limited so a random selection process is used to select recipients.
How Do I Apply?
• Applications can be found here: https://www.snohomishcountywa.gov/1002 /Nutrition-Programs
• To request an application in the mail call (425) 388-7393
• For assistance filling out the application call Homage Aging & Disability Resource Network (425) 513-1900
Your completed application MUST be postmarked by May 26 to be eligible. Mailing instructions will be on the application form.