Snohomish County Future Workforce Alliance, Workforce Snohomish Seek Public Comments on Local Area Plan
SNOHOMISH COUNTY, Wash., May 7, 2021 – The Snohomish County Future Workforce Alliance (Alliance) today announced a process for public engagement in the 2020-2024 Local Area Plan. Required by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, the Local Area Plan (attached) will serve as a guide for Snohomish County’s workforce development system. The plan outlines the goals, objectives, and strategies to increase skill levels, employment, earnings, customer satisfaction, and return on workforce development investments as we work collaboratively to strengthen the county’s economic foundation.
The Alliance and Workforce Snohomish seek public comment on the draft Local Area Plan to ensure the priorities and concerns of Snohomish County residents and businesses are considered. The timeline for the 2020-2024 Local Area Plan is as follows:
- May 7, 2021 – June 7, 2021: Public comment period on Snohomish County Local Area Plan
- June 17, 2021: Future Workforce Alliance consideration to forward Local Area Plan to Washington Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board.
- Summer/Fall 2021 (Exact dates will be set later.):
- State comments on draft local plans transmitted to Local Workforce Development Boards following review.
- Final, signed local plans due to the Washington Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board and Employment Security Department.
- Washington Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board takes action on local plans on behalf of the Governor.
- Local plans are approved by the Governor.
- Local Chief Elected Officials and Local Workforce Development Boards notified by Washington Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board approval of their local plans (official correspondence to follow).
Public comments received will be addressed by the Future Workforce Board in the final plan submitted to the Washington State Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board and accessible to the public upon approval.
To comment on the draft Snohomish County 2020-2024 Local Area Plan, please email Simreet.Dhaliwal@snoco.org. A copy of the Local Area Plan for review can be found on the Future Workforce Alliance website: https://www.snohomishcountywa.gov/5610/Future-Workforce-Alliance