NEWS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
19th Annual Snohomish County Transition Resource Fair
When: Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Time: 4:00pm to 8:30pm (monthly Snohomish County DD Advisory Mtg at 3:30)
Where: Cascade High School (in the cafeteria)
801 E Casino Road, Everett, WA 98203
Who: For individuals with disabilities (age 12 and older), their families, teachers and other interested community members.
Purpose: The Snohomish County Transition Resource Fair is held each year as an opportunity for young adults and families to access and become educated on resources that will support/enable each individual to pursue their employment/career goals and become an active participant in their community.
Description: FREE Event
1. Transition Resource Tables from 4:00pm to 7:30pm
Over 60 agencies will provide information on employment, advocacy, assistive technology, affordable housing, transportation options, guardianship, Social Security, leadership opportunities, wills and trusts, recreational opportunities, counseling, canine companions, representative payees, mental health, and more.
2. FREE Workshops from 4:00pm to 8:30pm - No need to preregister
- 3:30-4:15 – Snohomish County DD Advisory Board Monthly Meeting
- 4:30-5:15 – Employment Supports from DVR and DSB
- 4:30-5:15 – Housing Options Panel
- 5:30-6:15 – School to Work
- 5:30-6:15 – Wills, Trusts and Future Planning
- 6:45-7:35 – DDA and Snohomish County DD
- 6:45-7:35 – Transportation Options Panel
- 7:40-8:30 – Legal Decisions at Age 18
- 7:40-8:30 – Overview of Social Security
Sponsored by: The Snohomish County Transition Network and Everett Public Schools
For more information: For a list of agencies attending, workshop descriptions and a map go to www.SnohomishCountyWa.gov/DD. This information will be updated weekly.
Contact: Melinda Bocci, 425-388-7259, Snohomish County Developmental Disabilities