Snohomish County Council
Media Advisory – April 25, 2016
Contact: Cassie Fannin
County Seeks Applications for Small Capital Projects
The Snohomish County Council is accepting applications for small capital projects partnership (SCPP) grants until Friday, May 27th at 5 PM.
Qualified projects must be submitted jointly by both an applicant group and a public entity. Project proposals will be evaluated against criteria, including:
• the proposed project’s consistency with funding limitations imposed by the State of Washington for Real Estate Excise Tax (REET) funds,
• feasibility and timing of implementation (including any funding and/or permit issues),
• the level and cost of Snohomish County’s involvement,
• availability of matching funds, in-kind materials, and labor,
• the applicants’ demonstrated success in completing similar projects, and
• other relevant information demonstrating the proposed project’s value, readiness, and benefit
The total amount to be dispersed among the successful applicants is $75,000. SCPP grants are issued on a reimbursement basis only. All work on the successful projects must be completed before the grant funding will be issued.
Each project proponent(s) may request up to $5,000 (award limit per project). Projects using SCPP grant funds must benefit the general public as a whole, e.g., dog parks, playgrounds, athletic fields and more.
Please view the information packet: Grants Info Packet.
Download & complete an application: Grants Application.