- Parks and Facilities
Yurt Village at River Meadows Park
Subfacility of River Meadows Park
|Other Link||Parks Home Page|
- Fire Ring
- Picnic Tables
Stay in one of six yurts in the Yurt Village erected on the orchard portion of the original McCaulley homestead. Some of the apple, plum, and cherry trees growing between the yurts date back to at least the 1930s and remnants of the original fencing still exist.
Yurt camping offers new opportunities for family recreation, a form of convenience camping where campers bring their own bedding and food. Three yurts are 20 feet in diameter and three are 16 feet in diameter.
Yurt reservations are requiredWalk-in/Drop-in rentals cannot be accepted. Weekend reservation camping requires a minimum Friday and Saturday night stay. Reservations cannot be made more than nine months (or less than 72 hours) in advance of check-in.
Lock Box Codes
Please be sure you have your lock box code with you upon arrival. You may not be able to access your yurt without it. Your lock box code is the last three digits of your reservation number and is located in your confirmation email / letter.
Parking & Accommodations
- The yurts can accommodate four to eight people.
- One unit with the premium view sleeps eight.
- The nearby restroom includes private showers.
- Alcohol and pets are prohibited in the yurts and in the village.
- Yurt rentals include one stall in the yurt parking lot, located between Yurts one and two.
- Additional vehicles may be required to park in the overflow parking lot. With exception to ADA yurt one, there is no vehicle access to the yurts.
- Gift certificates are available. A night's stay in a Yurt makes a great gift.
Artist Glen Andersen created ten 12 inch mini-yurt replicas, that are covered in colorful tile mosaics that uniquely identify each campsite for visitors and renters. The sculptured yurt markers incorporate a number and distinctive color palette that act as a way-finder.
Each marker is posted at the entry of the campsite and includes a kaleidoscope to view the surroundings of the park. These six pieces of art are included in this park project as part of the county’s One Percent for the Arts Ordinance.
- ONLINE RESERVATIONS (click here to book, cancel, or check availability)