Where Can I Go For Help?
Go to the nearest District Court or to the Snohomish County Superior Court for application forms. If you choose to go to the Superior Court, go directly to the Clerk's Office Protection Order Assistance Program, Room C-125, on the first floor of the Snohomish County Courthouse, in Everett. It is important to use each courts' "mandatory forms" when filing any DV protection orders. The entire protection order process may take from two to six hours. The Protection Order Office (C125) opens Monday through Friday (excluding legal holidays) at 8:30 a.m. (closed from 12:00 to 12:45) and closes for the day at 4:30 p.m. Intakes (paperwork review) generally occur between 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. only. Childcare is not available at the courthouse. Because this process is long and involved, including quiet time spent in a courtroom, it is preferable to leave children at home.

Show All Answers

1. Where Can I Go For Help?
2. What are the different types of protection orders I can get from the County Clerk’s Office?
3. Who Can Be Protected?
4. What Will Happen?
5. What can an Order For Protection do?
6. What an Order of Protection cannot do:
7. Why is an Order for Protection Important?
8. How Can I Renew My Protection Order?
9. What Will It Cost?