Who can perform my wedding ceremony?

Under state law, you can be married by any licensed or ordained person of any church or denomination, or a Washington state judge or commissioner. See our Marriage page for more information.

Show All Answers

1. Who can perform my wedding ceremony?
2. Can a minister from an out-of-state church perform my wedding in Washington State?
3. Can a marriage license obtained in Snohomish County be used outside the County?
4. What is the fee for a marriage license?
5. How old do the witnesses to my marriage have to be?
6. If either applicant is divorced, do they need to provide divorce papers?
7. Are marriage records open for the public to see?