How can I tell if a document is official (or "certified")?

Snohomish County Recording uses two methods for certifying copies of recorded documents.

We use an all-inclusive ink stamp with our seal and a signature line for the deputy auditor to sign on.

We also use an electronic certification stamp that generated directly from our recording system. This electronic certification stamp includes the same seal and signature line as the ink stamp, as well as the date and time the copy was produced.

Both of these methods are interchangeable and equally valid as certification methods in Washington State.

Show All Answers

1. How can I tell if a document is official (or "certified")?
2. How do I find the dimensions of my property?
3. How do I get a copy of my deed?
4. How do I file a quitclaim deed?
5. Where can I get forms for recording purposes?
6. Can you help me fill out my form before recording it?
7. How do I make changes to the ownership of my property?
8. Can you tell me who the owner of a piece of property is?
9. How do I know what liens are on a piece of property?
10. What are the fees for recording documents?
11. How do I do a title search?
12. How can I find out if a property is in foreclosure?