Can I appeal my new assessed value?
Yes. If you disagree with the value of your property, call the Assessor's Office phone number listed on your change of value notice and ask to talk to an appraiser. The appraiser will be glad to answer your questions and examine the valuation of the property. If you cannot come to an agreement, the appraiser will explain how to appeal with the Snohomish County Board of Equalization (BOE). You must file a completed petition with the BOE within 60 days of when the change of value notice was mailed or by July 1st, whichever is later. Appeal forms are available from the clerk of the board at 425-388-3407. The appeal process does not require an attorney, but you will need to present evidence that the assessor's value is incorrect.
Read the appealing your property assessment document for more information.

Show All Answers

1. What laws affect how the assessor appraises my property?
2. What is market value?
3. Can I appeal my new assessed value?
4. Why do we have property taxes?
5. If assessed value increases, do taxes have to increase?
6. If assessed value decrease, do taxes have to decrease?
7. Is it possible to make a "ballpark estimate" of how much the taxes will be on a piece of property that I am thinking about buying, or a structure that I might build?
8. How does Washington State rank in terms of property tax collected per household when compared to other states?
9. What are tax code areas and taxing districts levy limits?
10. What is a taxing district?
11. How do I contact a city, fire district, school district or other taxing district?
12. How can I determine city and subdivision boundaries?
13. When will the assessor update assessments?