The policy which follows pertains to Activity Center room rentals at Willis Tucker Park. Prior to making payment, please review the policy and check the box for each section to acknowledge your understanding and acceptance of each.
1. Payment for events totaling under $750 (including damage deposit) will be paid in full at the time of booking.
2. Payment plan may be setup for events that total $750 or more, and are at least 60 days in advance. Plans require a $250 deposit and will incur an non-refundable invoicing fee (see fee schedule for current rate).
3. All fees must be collected in full no later than 31 days prior to event.
4. Failure to pay balance at least 31 days prior to event will result in cancellation of reservation without refund.
1. All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing.
2. Requests received 60 or more days in advance of scheduled event date will receive a full refund minus a $100 cancellation fee and any applicable processing fee(s).
3. Requests received at least 30 days, but no later than 59 days in advance will receive a full refund minus a $250 cancellation fee and any applicable processing fee(s).
4. Requests received less than 30 days in advance will be refunded the damage deposit only.
5. Unused hours cannot be refunded.
1. The Licensee is responsible for reporting any damage found, to the Event Host, within thirty (30) minutes of arrival. It is strongly recommended that the Licensee (or designee) conduct a Pre Event inspection prior to set-up.
2. The damage/cleaning deposit will be refunded if there is no damage or loss of property to the facilities, the facilities are vacated by the contracted time, all equipment and keys are returned by the contracted time, and the facilities are left in pre-event condition upon expiration of the license.
3. Licensee is responsible for the reasonable cost of any and all repairs or cleaning required to be made to the facilities as a result of Licensee’s use, or the use by Licensee’s invitees, agents, employees, exhibitors, participants, patrons, guests, volunteers or any persons admitted to the facilities by Licensee. The County will provide detailed billing and accounting to Licensee when such restoration is completed. The costs will be deducted first from the damage / cleaning deposit. Any deficiency will be the Licensee's responsibility.
4. Damage Deposit refunds can take up to 4 weeks.
1. Date changes or reduction in hours will be accepted no later than 60 days prior to event
2. Changes in time (equal to or extending hours) will be accepted up to 48 hours prior to event (pending availability of Event Host).
1. Licensee (AKA Permit holder) is responsible for setup and cleanup, which includes wiping down and returning tables and chairs to their pre-event location, sweeping floors, cleaning spills, and removing trash. Cleaning supplies will be provided by the Parks & Recreation Department. All setup and cleanup must be completed within the time designated in the license.
2. No event will extend beyond the time designated in the Facilities License Agreement (permit). Failure to do so may result in double hourly rate charges and/or loss of damage deposit.
3. Catering is permitted within the facilities and is the Licensee's sole responsibility. Licensee is responsible for bringing linens, coffeepots, dishes, utensils, and other equipment.
4. Licensee must remove all items of personal property from facilities prior to the expiration of the license. The County shall have the right, at Licensee?s expense, to remove, store, sell, or otherwise dispose of items left at the facilities. The Licensee assumes all risk of loss or damage, by theft or otherwise, to the property incurred during, or as a result of, any removal, storage, sale, or other disposition by the County.
5. Licensee shall not interfere with the peace, comfort, and repose of neighboring residents at the time of the event or when leaving the facilities. During business hours (M-F, 8am-5pm), licensee and guests are to avoid loud noises and activities which disrupt the normal operations of Parks staff.
6. Parking spaces cannot be guaranteed, and may be difficult to find on hot summer days. Licensee may drive up to the doors of the building for loading/unloading, when under the supervision of an Event Host. Under no circumstances will vehicles be parked in the front plaza area.
7. All park facilities, other than the licensed facilities, foyer, and restrooms, are off-limits after dusk.
8. Licensee/guests are not to use County equipment (e.g. TV, phones, etc.) not specified for their use and may be subject to additional fees if used.
9. Licensee will not deface, injure, mar, nor in any manner damage the facilities, and shall neither cause nor permit anything to be done which may in any manner damage the facilities. No scotch tape, duct tape or anything that penetrates the wood walls or floors (e.g. nails, tacks, or staples), shall be used. Low-tack masking tape or a reusable putty or museum putty may be used for decorating purposes on non-painted surfaces and must be completely removed at the end of the rental.
10. Licensee shall not perform, nor permit others to perform, any disorderly conduct, waste or vandalism, or commit any nuisance at the facilities or to use the facilities in such a way as to interfere with the use of adjoining County property by any other person.
11. All music, whether live or recorded, must be in compliance with Snohomish County Code 22.16.100 and 22.16.110. In addition, music and amplified sound must not be audible beyond the licensed facilities after 10:00 p.m.
12. Equipment or conditions which create a hazard, block exits, or cause false alarm activations are not permitted.
13. Smoking and open flames are not permitted inside the facilities. Smoking is not permitted within twenty-five (25) feet of doors or windows of the facilities.
14. Throwing of any materials (including but not limited to rice, bird seed, confetti and glitter) is not permitted inside the facilities or on the grounds.
15. Sitting, standing or dancing on tables or standing on chairs is not permitted.
16. All items used on the patio or foyer must be free standing.
17. $35.00 NSF check fee.
18. Sorry, no refunds for late check-in or early check-out.
1. Licensee must possess a banquet permit from the Washington State Liquor Board in order to serve alcohol at the facilities. The permit must be clearly posted during the event.
2. Licensee must obtain and present insurance as outlined under Liquor Insurance Requirements (section VII).
3. Licensee is permitted to serve wine, Champagne, and/or beer only.
4. Kegs of beer are not permitted at the facilities.
5. Alcohol may not be consumed or dispensed anywhere other than within the licensed facilities or on the patio.
6. No more than 100 people may attend an event where alcohol will be served.
HOLD HARMLESS and INDEMNIFICATION: Licensee's use of the Facilities shall be at Licensee's own risk. Licensee shall protect, save harmless, indemnify, and defend, at Licensee's own expense, the County its elected and appointed officials, officers, employees, and agents, from any loss or claim for damages of any nature whatsoever, arising out of the performance of this Agreement or Licensee's use of the Facilities, including claims by Licensee's employees or third parties except for claims arising out of the sole negligence of the County.
FOR ONE-TIME EVENTS SERVING LIQUOR (beer/wine/Champagne), the licensee shall:
1. Obtain insurance through a carrier of their choosing, which meets all the requirements for non-hosted events (see above) no later than seven (7) days prior to the day of the scheduled use, and pay a non-refundable administrative fee; or
2. Purchase special events insurance through https://www.ebi-ins.com/e/tulip/apply.asp that meets all of the requirements for non-hosted events, and is received no later than three (3) days prior to the day of scheduled use.
Licensee's maintenance of insurance as required hereunder shall not be construed to limit the Licensee's liability to the coverage provided by such insurance or otherwise limit the County's recourse to any remedy available at law or in equity.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field