What are my setback requirements?
First, determine your property's zoning. Then, go to Title 30 SCC which contains a table (matrix) called "Bulk Matrix" (SCC 30.23.030(1)). The bulk matrix shows the following information for each zoning designation:
  • Maximum building height for each zone
  • Minimum Lot area and lot width for each zone
  • Setback requirements from roads and other properties
  • Maximum lot coverage for each zone

Some refer to these bulk matrix information as "restrictions" on a property.

Associated reference notes for the bulk matrix are found in SCC 30.23.040. We highly recommend that you read these notes to learn of further "restrictions" on each particular zone.

Show All Answers

1. What is my zoning?
2. My property is zoned "R-5" - what does that mean?
3. What are my setback requirements?
4. What can I do with my property?
5. Who owns the property across the street?
6. How do I get a copy of a plat map (subdivision map)?
7. What is my neighbor building?
8. Where do I get information on drain fields, septic systems, and wells?
9. I would like to view a project file, where are they located?
10. What if I still have questions?